If this is the best liberals can do to disparage Ted Cruz, the Texas Senator has a great chance of being our next President.
Adam Estes at Gizmodo.com fired off a salvo that simply begs a little asterisking.**
Estes writes: “Even though Cruz is from Houston, home of Johnson Space Center, there’s reason to believe that he’ll continue his pursuit of trying to deflate the space agency. Heck, just look at all the dumb things he’s said about science in recent years.”
“Net Neutrality’ is Obamacare for the Internet; the Internet should not operate at the speed of government.” – Ted Cruz on net neutrality.
* Cruz is correct. University of Georgia Economics professor explains: “(Net neutrality) is a bad idea for the same reason that only having vanilla ice cream for sale is a bad idea: some people want, and are willing to pay for, something different. Forcing a one-size-fits-all solution on the Internet stifles innovation by blocking some companies from turning new ideas or business models into successful products.”
“The last 15 years, there has been no recorded warming. Contrary to all the theories that they are expounding, there should have been warming over the last 15 years. It hasn’t happened.”- Ted Cruz on climate change.
* Ross McKitrick, the Professor of Economics at the University of Guelph in Canada, studied land and ocean temperatures since 1850. He compared this to satellite data from 1979 to 2014. By plotting data trends, he demonstrated that there has been no global warming 19 years. I doubt warming enthusiasts are upset about the disparity of 4 years.
In 2013 The Economist reported, “Over the past 15 years air temperatures at the Earth’s surface have been flat while greenhouse-gas emissions have continued to soar. The world added roughly 100 billion tonnes of carbon to the atmosphere between 2000 and 2010. That is about a quarter of all the CO2 put there by humanity since 1750.”
“You know, back in the ’70s — I remember the ’70s, we were told there was global cooling. And everyone was told global cooling was a really big problem. And then that faded.” – Ted Cruz on climate change.
* Simply true. Historically factual. And “dumb” to global warming alarmists.
“You always have to be worried about something that is considered a so-called scientific theory that fits every scenario. Climate change, as they have defined it, can never be disproved, because whether it gets hotter or whether it gets colder, whatever happens, they’ll say, well, it’s changing, so it proves our theory.” – Ted Cruz on climate change.
* Over 31,000 scientists with appropriate degrees in earth sciences, including 9,000 PhD’s, have formally declared human activity has no significant effect on climate. Let’s all sing, “Here Comes the Sun!”
“I was disappointed that Bruce Willis was not available to be a fifth witness on the panel. There probably is no doubt that actually Hollywood has done more to focus attention on this issue than perhaps a thousand congressional hearings could do.” – Ted Cruz on space threats.
* How angry are liberals that they fail to recognize the humor in this remark reflecting the typically ineffectual exercise of congressional hearings?
“I wondered if at some point we were going to see a tall gentleman in a mechanical breathing apparatus come forward and say in a deep voice say, “Mike Lee, I am your father” … and just like in “Star Wars” movies the empire will strike back.” – Ted Cruz during his 21-hour Obamacare speech.
* Yes, this humorous remark is actually listed as a ‘dumb” Ted Cruz remark regarding science.
“The authorizing committees are free to set their agency budgets, and that includes NASA.” – Ted Cruz when he tried to cut NASA funding in 2013.
* Again, true. President Obama directed NASA’s committee to budget for promoting climate change hype.
“Each day I learn what a scoundrel I am.” – Ted Cruz on his attempts to defund Obamacare.
* So do most politicians. It’s a scientific fact. #humor
** With acknowledgement to Robert Fisk, originator of “Fisking.”
© Copyright 2015 Rick Jensen, distributed exclusively by Cagle Cartoons newspaper syndicate.
Rick Jensen is Delaware’s award-winning conservative talk show host on 1150AM WDEL and 93.7FM HD3, Streaming live on WDEL.com from 1pm — 4pm EST. Contact Rick at email@example.com, or follow him on Twitter @Jensen1150WDEL.